Here are a few strategies that help me stay focused.
#5 is most important. Practice mindfulness, stay in the moment.
1. Have specific goals: could be - 10k or HM or reduce 10 mins and get PR. Point is - have it. Having a clear goal in mind can help you stay motivated and focused during your training.
2. Find a running buddy such as, within RHWB local run partners during weekend runs. Buddy can help to keep you on track and motivated.
3. FS not just app, talk to coach. Get involved. Running app like Final Serge have features that can help you stay on track with your training and monitor progress with your coach. Talk to coach about small or minor improvements such as getting to know what cadence is and get your in place.
4. Find a distraction-free environment: If possible, try to find a place to run where you won't be easily distracted. This could be a quiet neighborhood, a local park, or a trail like Greenway.
5. Practice mindfulness: Try to bring your attention to the present moment while you're running. Focus on your breath, your body, and your surroundings. This can help you stay in the moment and avoid getting distracted.
6. Use music or audio books: Listening to music or an audio book can help take your mind off of any distractions and keep you focused on your run.
You may wonder with this I must have sub 2. Nah, i ran last HM at 3:20! Rumor rather jog. However, I am improving. From ACL injury where Doc says don’t walk more than 2 mile, I am at running HM. Your goal matters and it is your goal!